Saturday, May 11, 2013

Two Shout-Outs for awesome customer service.


I just wanted to take a minute to shout-out to two companies that have left a positive impression with me this week. 


RedRockThreads.com I made my second purchase from Red Rock Threads this week and these folks are on the ball. Their prices are fair, including shipping. My thread arrived three days after my order, it well packaged, and handled with care. Their website could use an update (sorry – I HATE frames, ie scroll bars, as part of the webpage), but don’t let that deter you. You’ll find what you need, know if it is in stock or not, and be able to easily add multiple threads to your cart. Stop by here and check these folks out if you’re in the market for threads. 



Olfa I don’t think there are many of us that don’t have an Olfa product in our sewing rooms. I have a 6 month old rotary cutter that has a bum lock on it. I sulked about it for a few days until I was inspired to give them a call by a google+ conversation. They replaced it. Just that simple. They did ask a few questions, like where I bought it and what exactly had broken, but it felt more like research to improve their product and not a way to “investigate” my claim. I know there are companies out there that do right by their customers, but I often find myself disappointed rather than pleasantly surprised (go ahead, ask me about Kay jewelers).

Who has impressed you recently? Have any small stores, etsy/craftsy/ebaby sellers, or shops I should check out for supplies?

4 comments:

  1. I've bought thread from Red Rocks and of course, have Olfa cutters & mats. Good idea to write about them! Great companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ann. Glad they have been good to you too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link to Red Rocks! I use the Floriani thread for my machine embroidery and usually buy it locally because there are two dealers near me. Red Rock's prices are better and they offer some larger spools that I cannot get locally. I now have them bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have odd hours at work and I find it really difficult to get to my LQSs when they are open. Because supporting small businesses is so important to me, I do my best tout the praises of the ones that have met my expectations, even if they are several states away! I hope they can fill up your stock too!

      Delete