Griswold drum roll please.....
Here they are!
Here's what they look like on my dining room table.
I'm really happy with how they came out considering how many firsts this project represents. First time paper piecing, first time with the new quilting foot, first time editing a pattern, and first time trying to figure out how to get a triangle table in a picture!
I'm quite happy with the pattern from Cyrille @ Bubblestitch Quilts. I bought Red Riding Hood from Etsy and she has a craftsy store with the same patterns. She sent it to me within a few hours of purchase and I had no technical problems receiving it or printing it. Looks like she's just released a outdoors set with a pretty fantastic airstream trailer. Be sure to stop by and check it out. Thanks Cyrille!
If you'd like to see all of the posts related to Red - here is a handy index!
Linking in with TheFreeMotionQuiltingProject.


Nice job, Susan. They are adorable! Enjoy many happy meals with them decorating the table.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ann! I realized pretty quickly that white was the worst choice ever for catching food. :D
DeleteThese are so adorable!! Just tell people that they can eat off them, but DO NOT EVER drop any food on them. I don't think I'd use them with spaghetti or cranberry sauce. I just love the Red Riding Hood theme!
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you Daphne! I think it will take a few weeks before I let anyone actually eat on them. Once they aren't so new anymore, I'm sure I'll get over it and accept a spaghetti stain here or there is character! :D
DeleteYay! They're so cute! You did such a great job!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Alyx! :)
DeleteI am so glad you posted the finished project they turned out so cute. Your table is awesome. I never seen a tranglar table before. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carol! I had not seen one either, but when did I knew I had to have one. Believe it or not, this table sits six comfortably. Since it is a little on the tall side it's perfect for me. :)
DeleteGet out the ScotchGuard! I love that table! Very cool accessories for a very cool table. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAnd that's why I love this community. Of course, ScotchGuard. I think I will do that for sure!
DeleteGreat job! They look fantastic. My placemats are made with muslin for some patches...I love Shout. It got most things out for a long time, but the placemats have been in nearly constant use for about 2 years and they're showing their age. Time to make more maybe, without the muslin!.
ReplyDeleteShout is a miracle product! I bet your place mats are really fantastic. Do you have them posted somewhere? I'd love to take a look!
DeleteWell done!..and I love your table, never seen one like that before...and with four grand children, white is a no~no for me!! lol
ReplyDeleteHeh, should probably be for me too. I was thinking design, not function! It's ok. We'll make it work! Thanks for stopping by. :)
DeleteSusan, they're the cutest placemats I've ever seen! I love them! And like everyone else said, the table is fab! I love it!!! Rug too! (Looks over at our table... sigh...LOL).
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great weekend!
Thanks Jules! Know what's funny? Thats my favorite rug in the house. It is, of course, white. It didn't take my kid long to spill spaghetti sauce on it and a few blobs of orange paint. I try not to look at it, but it's hard to miss! I really should pick a new favorite color. :)
DeleteOh wow, they turned out awesome. Still love the wolf the best, but they all are great.
ReplyDeleteThanks Pat! Meeee tooo. The wolf is certainly the best. :)
DeleteBrilliant work! I'm completely gone on the little house, complete with smoke coming out the chimney. It looks a lot like my bro-in-law's wooden house in Poland... yes, really!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Muv
Oh that's cool!! I've never been outside of the US (well, Canada). I'd LOVE to see the world and places like what I'm imagining your bro-in-law's house might look like. :)
DeleteI love the toadstool, aaaaw!!!! Your quilting is great, my fave are the wavy lines behind the trees on the top pic - it reminds me of snow falling! Just a suggestion....I think you need to make a gingerbread house now!!! http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show-recipes/kirsties-handmade-britain-recipes/gingerbread-house-recipe But I do have a sweet tooth :D Bet you won't have any trouble getting the kids to the dining table now!
ReplyDeletelol! I think I'm house free for a little bit thought if I were going to do another, gingerbread would be a good choice! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteThese are not your everyday placemats! They're too nice to be considered placemats! Please don't get food on them. Love them!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rosemary! Fortunately, we dont eat at the table everyday so they wont get abused too much. Will have to move them on "red" stuff night for sure. :)
DeleteI love this idea!! Kind of a tabletop storyboard, and quite a conversation piece at mealtime, I'm sure. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda! They really were a lot of fun to make!
DeleteThey are so cute. What a great idea for a teacher gift.
ReplyDeleteRight? That would be a good on!. I bet most people have four places though - maybe one more that is just trees. :)
DeleteCongratulations!They turned out beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katja! Thanks for coming by!
DeleteThe turned out awesome! Great piecing and quilting, what a fun set!
ReplyDelete