Fabric-CON
Ok, ok, it isn't fabric-CON. It is the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo. I'm a nerd - I don't go to or understand an "expo". I do; however, understand a "con". Thus I have dubbed this event fabric-CON. Why you ask? I have no intention of going lightly. There will be no Saturday afternoon browsing or light small talk. Nope, I'm going all in! You got it - three days of panels (classes in the expo world), hardcore shopping (I'm looking into an embroidery machine), and as much networking as I can do (yeah, I love new readers THAT much). I'm going to go to everything from basic apparel sewing to hand bead embellishments with fabric dying, working with leather, and accessories from fabric in between. If my con experience has taught me anything - I'm going to be completely and totally overwhelmed and exhausted. I will leave with so much inspiration that I might just have to sleep for a day or two to free my mind. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm ultra excited!They have several of them around the country, I'll be attending the one closest to home in Raleigh June 20 - 22. If you're local and will be there - let me know when, I would love to chat you! If you're not local, be sure to follow me, I will blogging away over that weekend or soon after. I expect it to be packed with tons of new information, product reviews, class reviews, and inspiration of all sorts.
Chris Hardwick!
I think it is safe to call Chris Hardwick the nerd king. He's managed to create himself quite an empire appealing to those us of that like nerd stuff! He's a stand-up comedian and one the lead voice of all things NERDIST. He is performing stand up in Durham (in November, how will I wait that long?!) and I've got some tickets. Of course, I'm cheap, the tickets aren't great. I simply refuse to pay $100+ for two people to see a stand up show, but they are at least in the house. I will most certainly have opinions on the show, be sure to check November (so... far... away...) Sunday Geekery for the review!There's so many other things from this week I want to share with you - but I will try to stay focused and save them for another day. It's so hard... What is happening in your geekery? Have an events coming that you are excited about?


I've done the "whole thing" at a quilt show twice. It's marvelous, even though I haven't finished the quilts I started there!
ReplyDeleteGeeky in my life: my Talented Geek Son is here. As always I have a list of things for him to do/fix on my computer!
Nice! If you have any advice, I'm all ears!
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to have family tech support huh?