Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A contest! Sweet Contrary @ Stitched in Color

Well, now, what an interesting project. The gist is to create a mosaic from fabrics at Lark Cottons that fits the described theme of Sweet Contrary as described at Stitched in Color. I figured why not try it, if nothing else - it's good shopping time! Here's what I came up with.


It is quite a mix of fabrics no? The question is - what was I thinking when I created this combination. Honestly, it wasn't that scientific. I knew I wanted a fair amount of white poking around in there to pop some of the other colors.I wanted to stay between yellow - orange on the warm side and blue - purple on the cool side. There's a few other colors hiding in there, but certainly not the star of the fabrics. Then it was just a matter of browsing what was available and picking the ones I loved. It isn't surprising what I ended up with - a little bit of kitschy a lot of mod. I'm pretty sure the contest worked for Lark Cottons - there's a good chance I'll be picking up a few of these!

Want to buy one too? Here they are with direct links if you like any of them as much as I do! (FYI - the links are just me showing you something I like, I get nothing if you click them!)

Parisville, Eye Drops Mist
Comma, Swinging Mustard
Fairy Tale Friends, Magic Beans Aqua
2wenty-thr3e, Tiles Pavement
Folklorica, Cartas Marcadas Bright
Beauty is You, Scalloped Orange
Tufted Tweets, Itty Bitty Chairs
Flea Market Fancy, Flower and Dot Turquoise
Comma, Asteriks Chalk Mustard
Marmalade, Fleur De Lis Cream
Comma, Swinging Slate
Terrain, Seed Pod Stream




Good luck to me! :) Thanks to Michelle @Squeek Crafts for sharing her entry which inspired mine!

Now - I would like to see your mosaic! Link back in the comments and I'll take a look at it for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Folklorica fabric....I almost purchased it on the weekend - except I remembered I was on a hiatus from buying fabric ;-)

    ReplyDelete