I so WANT to show you all a new project, but the fact is, there isn’t one to show. Well, not one I’m ready to show. I have put a lot of hours into something including a few blog posts in the can; however, I hit a snag - I’m just not interested at the moment. This is just how I work – it took me a long time to accept it, but it’s true. In the past, I would have forged on and forced myself to finish which would ultimately result in cut corners and a piece I wasn’t totally happy with because it was forced. Now – I just put it away. Maybe I’ll finish it, maybe I won’t. The point is I don’t stress over it. This is supposed to be what I do for fun and expression, not something that generates guilt, pressure, or frustration.
What I will show you is a little fashion emergency fix from this morning! I have a necklace that I bought from a very talented artist out of Wilmington, NC, Natasha Caine of Empire Jewelery. (I dont see any web presence for her or I would link you!)
I put it on this morning and it was hanging about three inches lower than I wanted on the shortest jump ring. I thought I was just going to add a jump ring in the chain to get the correct length only to discover the chain was way too small for the jump ring! Grrrrr! I went through my little box of jump rings, wire, and eyelets to discover NONE of them would fit. I didn’t want to damage the necklace or permanently change the length and nearly gave up on it. Then one last bit of inspiration- beading wire! Awwwww yeah… it slipped right through the chain and with a little creative bending and folding, I had a hook eye. Woot! Suedre wins! I’ll wont be able to put my hair up today without exposing my little “fix” but well worth it to wear it!
Have you had any early morning fashion emergencies that you creatively fixed up? Staples perhaps? I’d love to hear about it! Also, I have some exciting news about upcoming events – look for it on Sunday in The Sunday Geekery!
Linked in with Really Random Thursday.
Linked in with Really Random Thursday.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment