![]() |
| lol @ Sir Walter Raleigh! |
I saw the most amazing quilt, likely one of my favorites ever. I so wish my cell phone took better pictures because I can't even see the beauty of it here when I assure you, in real life, this thing will knock your socks off!
Quilts like these make me want to toss the dining room table right outside and put a big old long arm machine in there! The artist's name "Koi" is Dustin Farrell. It didn't list an associated website, but I suspect this is him.
There are scores of beautiful quilts, every one of them special in their own way. I promised myself I wouldn't post a million pictures. I limited myself to SIX, that's right, just SIX. I went for pieces that really stood out for a technique or something special I had never seen before.
Here's a fantastic use of denim from Lisa (omg I can't see her last name in the picture. Will find it and update soon!). All of these square are little pieces of denim. Some with seams, some without out. They are top stitched on with the red thread and it is just stunning.
This is an art quilt from Susan Bleiweiss. I love all the bright colors mixed with the stained glass technique. Certainly something I'd be willing to try myself.

There were 10 artist listed for this art quilt and I just couldn't help but smile at it. It really stands out as something different and fun.
Lisa Ellis has really mastered these grapes in "Abide"! I took a picture from the side to try to really show you how well she's made me them pop with thicker batting. I love how dimensional this piece is
Karen Marchetti's The Choice grabbed my attention because of the amazing use of quilting to create texture. It looks like she has used all solids and created the bricks, floor, and door using FMQ. Seriously? Unreal.
This is another one from Dustin Farrell. It's intention to show off the long arm quilting, which is amazing, but what really caught my eye and put this on over the top was the use of mirrors and 3D flying geese like border.
That's it for me. I'm hitting the hay to get a little rest before beginning again tomorrow! Just so you know - I put in a zipper today and it wasn't a total disaster. Look out world - here comes Suedre!








Wow, I love all of them! Make sure you catch some ZZZ's, you're not new to con's so you know how important sleep is!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear about the $10,000 machine, I'm envious hehe. I noticed your favorite quilt of the day features dresden hehe ;)
BTW, here is Dusty's website http://www.cscountrystitchin.com/
DeleteI do know how much sleep matters and I'm inches away from a nice long nap! It does have dresdens + koi + Asian fabrics + metallics +beautiful quilting. There's no way I wouldnt love this guy!
DeleteGood to see you - hope things iron out soon!
Thanks! Lots of legal drama... I didn't know it was all so complicated, I guess I should have done this months before I opened shop. Long story short I can't sell one item until it's all sorted out. Boo! Oh well, it will happen when it's meant to, hopefully that's next week though. LOL.
DeleteI'm eager to see more photos from the expo!!! :D
It's a good thing - get all of your ducks in a perfect little row and make sure it is right. If it takes a little more time, that's ok - you can make more products! Hope it is going well and we see you soon!
DeleteThanks for sharing a little late night eye candy! This will give us something to sleep on.... Hope you rest well and have fun again tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI have taken some quilting classes from Dusty - great fun.
ReplyDeleteThe Choice is amazing! What incredible artistry! Thanks for letting us attend vicariously through your report.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThe bank note quilt is amazing. Good job there isn't one of the other half, else you would be tempted to tape them together.
ReplyDeleteWish I could have come :-( Glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteI loved the quilt covering the car---Nancy and I thought that this was just out of
ReplyDeletethe world---never ever seen anything like it before. So glad that you enjoyed the show
--I just love going to any kind of quilt show just to see what other folks are doing
plus getting inspired
Take care
Anne
Me too Anne! I usually leave feeling a little inadequate. I guess that is why I keep working at it. Did you see the old ladies they put inside the car? It startled me at first, but then just made me giggle. :)
Delete