I survived my trip to Joann's. Shopping at their convenience seems to work. I only had to wait about five minutes for cuts. Sadly, they were sold out of the yellow fabric that is an exact match for the purple and blue and none of it was on sale and I only had one percentage off coupon. So frustrating to have to pay different prices for the same things on different days. Joann's if you're listening - please, fix it.
I had a home improvement project that took me away from Q*bert. The distraction project is all wrapped up now so I've come back to quilt. This time I cut out multiple template pieces and laid them all to maximize cuts rather than the one at a time method I used last time.
I did not cut the templates with the 1/4 seam allowance so I eyeballed how much space needed to go between the template pieces. Probably would have been more effective to have exact template pieces, but this worked, felt like it was saving time so I went with it.
Now it's just layout, sew, sew, sew, press, layout, sew, sew, sew, press, sew, layout ...
No comments:
Post a Comment